Autor Wątek: Komputer do Home Recordingu  (Przeczytany 30398 razy)

Offline lord_awesomeguy

• Miszcz avatarów ;)
  • Pr0
  • Jestem marudą.
Odp: Komputer do Home Recordingu
« Odpowiedź #25 05 Wrz, 2008, 20:12:15 »
Komponenty, które wpływają na wydajność komputera do miksowania to moim zdaniem:
1. Procesor
2. Dysk twardy
3. Pamięć operacyjna
4. Interfejs audio

Wygrzebałem na neciku ostatnio taką ciekawostkę:
Nuendo 'Untouchable' for Korn's New Album

Digital editing of Korn's "Untouchables" in Nuendo by Fred Maher and Rob Hill

"Nuendo was all I used... In fact, it was the only thing I could have used considering that a lot of the songs were 70+ channels of 24 /96khz audio."

"Both of the Nuendo rigs that Fred and I used were identical. They were built by Soundchaser. I had them with the Supermicro 370DE6 MB with dual channel 68 pin SCSI. They also had ATA 100 removable chassis on them."

"I went with the Supermicro because of the dual P3 support with SCSI onboard and I figured when I had the systems built, it was more important to have a SOLID system than a FASTER system. The SCSI on the MB allows for a better performance without bogging down the PCI bus with a dedicated PCI SCSI card."

"The work drive was the Medea AudioRaid pro 160 GB. This system rocks!!!!! 4 IDE drives in a 1U chassis connected via 68 pin SCSI. The raid controller and processor are in the chassis, it doesn't use any CPU cycles to access the raid. The computer thinks it is a single 160gb SCSI drive."

"Everything was redundantly backed up to the removable ATA 100 drives."

"DB technology "Blue" Convertors were used on both ends of the record. 48 channels of input (during tracking) 96 channels on output (for mixing)."

"My rig was also networked to the Euphonix transfer station for transfers of the files back and fourth. The sessions were saved as AES 31 and we would simply grab the folders and copy them to the local Nuendo directory. When the edits were complete, we would copy them back to the Transfer Station and paste them back to the R1 session. This was pretty simple..... Euphonix is now offering Transfer Stations with Nuendo installed on the system."

"And that how it went. I don't use PT...... I have found ways to make Nuendo do 99% of every situation.... The other 1% are workarounds."

"There were 30+ mics on the drums. There were not 30 discrete channels of drums though. Maybe 18 to 26 channels of drums recorded to the R1. There were also triggers recorded.....with the live drum tracks."

"Drumagog was used extensively on the tracks for enhancements of the original signals. The samples came from several different places, including sample sessions of David's kit from Conway Studio."

"Ya know...... If PT was 96khz at the time and there was a valid transfer protocol to the R1, then PT most likely would have been used....... But, it wasn't!!!!"

"Nuendo was almost the only option to do these edits and track counts, but, Fred Maher, Michael Beinhorn, Frank Fillapetti and myself, all agreed that Nuendo was sonically superior, especially with X fades and processing. Fred Maher has now sold his PT rig and uses Nuendo exclusively."

Taken from postings by Rob Hill (pictured above) on the www.nuendo.com Users Forum