Autor Wątek: NGD - Blackat Ninja 8 (vid inside)  (Przeczytany 17528 razy)

Offline Fred the Shred

• Prawie użytkownik
NGD - Blackat Ninja 8 (vid inside)
« 06 Mar, 2012, 12:53:03 »
Hello there!

Unfortunately, and as Leon knows all too well, I can't speak a word of Polish, so I have to do this in English. The correct number of strings has no language barriers, though! ;)

So, while the glorious Decibel AMX and ESP T7 should have quenched my thirst for Tele types with more strings than usual, my mate Tobiasz at HESU, who made the lot of my rack cables and the like, told me this new company, also from Poland, would have ERG's at HESU's stand, so I didn't have to worry about bringing axes to the Musikmesse.

One quick look into them and a lot of nice yet very silly chatting with Tomek, who runs the company, and here's the new baby! :D

Here are some pics, also from Blackat as the sun isn't cooperating at all these days:

Damn lighting didn't show how the red in the grain pops out. It's a beast on stage.

Great treble access, and the neck feels great here.

As usual here's the customary demo vid, with a song I'm working on called Roland's Last Stand:

Specs on this are:
- alder body, sandblasted ash top
- maple / mahogany neck, rosewood board, 27" scale
- Hipshot hardware
- Seymour Duncan Blackout 8's
- Warwick straplocks (just like the Schallers, pretty much, so nothing new here)

The neck on this is reasonably thicker than the one on my customary Jaden Rose axes, and it's asymmetrical profile places more pronounced shoulders on the bass side, while slimming down towards the treble side. It's a comfy profile, and I have tried it over lengthy periods at a time to see whether fatigue would creep in - to my satisfaction, it felt nice and comfy all the way through, in spite of the differences to what I'm accustomed to.

Blackout 8's are kind of new to me, as I had only had some contact with them on a Schecter ATX8, and the guitar itself wasn't really a lively thing, so I didn't take any conclusion as to how the set interacts with the guitar itself. Again to my satisfaction, they have a rather less compressed and markedly organic tone when compared to the EMG's I can't get to like no matter what. Personally, I am digging them a lot so far, and they provide a bit of variety when compared to my ubiquitous DiMarzio D Activator 8's.

In short, I'm quite happy with how this one came out, and I'm looking forward to see how this new company evolves and pushes its designs.  :headbang:

Offline Leon

• Mroczny Piskacz
  • Moderator Globalny
Nice one mate. But You should really watch out for the mines...
to że nie gram równo nie znaczy że gram polirytmię.

Offline Fred the Shred

• Prawie użytkownik
Well, Attila is still alive after my amazing landmine, so I think it's safe!  ;D

Offline Musza

• Pr0
Fred, at long last! Good to see you here. I see that the Tel'erg collection is rising, awesome, but I still hate you for grabbing Carpenter's T7. I'm glad you like the new Blackat and share this message to the world. It's always good to hear good things about polish guitars "made by" our SS.pl mate ;)
« Ostatnia zmiana: 06 Mar, 2012, 13:09:29 wysłana przez Musza »
facebook.com/Musza.MorningWood

Offline commelina

• jestę skervesenę
  • Pr0
  • ...grałbym EVER
    • Skervesen
Welcome to SS.pl. Finally a decent pictures of cats :P 

Offline Omlet

• Pr0
  • Pitu pitu, rak odbytu
    • Perfect Beauty
Yeah, It looks way better on your photos.
Shape is still ugly tho :D
Nie dadzą szansy bo to pedalskie forum pełne pedałów. Mogą mi wyzerować włosy z dupy - jfbiggestfan
...gdyż granie do kotleta nie jest graniem do omleta choć oba dobre - commelina

Offline Fred the Shred

• Prawie użytkownik
What's up, Musza? :) I'll gladly take the Kiwicaster off your hands... :P As for the T7, you can always make me an offer I can't resist... Haha!

Thanks for the welcome, dudes! Also, Omlet - she's gorgeous, really. Because I said so, so there! :P
« Ostatnia zmiana: 06 Mar, 2012, 15:10:49 wysłana przez Fred the Shred »

Offline Musza

• Pr0
What's up, Musza? :) I'll gladly take the Kiwicaster off your hands...

Let me think... :kissmyass:

As for the T7, you can always make me an offer I can't resist... Haha!

Someday'a, Don Fred, I will'a

~Musza, The Godson
facebook.com/Musza.MorningWood

Offline Turgon

• Gaduła
I agree with Omlet (but I think that the shape is suiting my taste) and the sound is awesome also :D
Ssiecie.

Offline Lamassu

• Użytkownik
  • Nie ma czegoś takiego jak "za dużo dołu"
Ugly as fuck.

Welcome :D
Tak się fajnie cieszyłem, A TU KURWA BENC!

Offline Didejek

• Pr0
  • Hodowca BlacKatów
    • BlacKat Guitars
No i BENC, zaspamował wszystkie sevenstringi :)

Offline Fred the Shred

• Prawie użytkownik
Thanks, dudes. :)

Also, she's gorgeous. The end. :P

Offline Omlet

• Pr0
  • Pitu pitu, rak odbytu
    • Perfect Beauty
On your vid neck seems to be wide as aircraft carrier's flight deck :D But It's good for me - I like wide necks :D
Nie dadzą szansy bo to pedalskie forum pełne pedałów. Mogą mi wyzerować włosy z dupy - jfbiggestfan

Offline bloodrafko

• Gaduła
  • Nadnotecki Światowid
Very nice:) Good to see Fred here. Those cat's looks like supreme djenting machines.

Offline Stivo2005

• Pr0
  • Fanboy ENGL'a :D
Ugly bitch :P but it has something in it :)
Bynajmniej to nie przynajmniej!

Offline Fred the Shred

• Prawie użytkownik
Neck width is pretty standard. Then again, considering I'm holding the guitar at an angle towards the camera, have small hands and I'm also 1,70m tall, it's no surprise it looks bigger than it is. :D

Also, she's beautiful. Don't refute me or I'll cast the soft penis curse on you all.  :P

Offline commelina

• jestę skervesenę
  • Pr0
  • ...grałbym EVER
    • Skervesen
No to teraz po polsku, zebys miał zagadkę i nie było za wygodnie ;)  Słucham płyty Atonement , bo to ponoć Twoje ;)
Zajebista, wryło się w głowę kilka motywów i to na dobre. Szkoda, że nie było przy tym Czarnego kota ;) , byłby jeszcze większy :P

Offline Bjørn

• Pr0
  • Imponderabilistyczny monopluralista.
. : : Death Metal und Jazz : : . || dubstepowe banjo w djencie || . : : Fractal > all your amps : : .

Offline Fred the Shred

• Prawie użytkownik
No to teraz po polsku, zebys miał zagadkę i nie było za wygodnie ;)  Słucham płyty Atonement , bo to ponoć Twoje ;)
Zajebista, wryło się w głowę kilka motywów i to na dobre. Szkoda, że nie było przy tym Czarnego kota ;) , byłby jeszcze większy :P

Even though Google managed to translate "bitchin" and my album's title (it's cool to see "redemption" just like that... Haha), I'm assuming you wanted to hear the album (or just the song) with the Blackat, is it? :)

Offline commelina

• jestę skervesenę
  • Pr0
  • ...grałbym EVER
    • Skervesen
Good -->Better--> Zajebista :D

Offline Mery

• Mr. Autorefresh
  • Pr0
  • الحرية في سوريا
Zajebista /za-ye-bis-tha/ => the best ;)
www.baasa.pl - hałas, pomiary hałasu, mapy akustyczne, analizy akustyczne, projekty akustyczne, farmy wiatrowe, raporty oddziaływania na środowisko w zakresie hałasu, programy ochrony przed hałasem, akustyka budowlana, wibracje.

Offline Fred the Shred

• Prawie użytkownik
Well, I do get what "bitchin" is, as it means exactly the same in English (that was one of the parts the translator got right). What I didn't get was what I was to do with the Blackat in Atonement, as the translator went crazy enough to claim that commelina wanted to be IN the Blackat. ;D

Offline Omlet

• Pr0
  • Pitu pitu, rak odbytu
    • Perfect Beauty
I suppose that they want to hear Atonement stuff played on Blackat :D

Offline Fred the Shred

• Prawie użytkownik
Ah, so I did guess it right - the only thing is whether peeps want me to play the song Atonement or just a song from the album Atonement! :)

Note to self: don't have a track titled the same as the album next time. :P

Offline Omlet

• Pr0
  • Pitu pitu, rak odbytu
    • Perfect Beauty
I'm afraid that they want whole album re-recorded :D