Autor Wątek: Cwiczenia ogolnorozwojowe  (Przeczytany 20343 razy)

Offline lord_awesomeguy

• Miszcz avatarów ;)
  • Pr0
  • Jestem marudą.
Odp: Cwiczenia ogolnorozwojowe
« 05 Lip, 2009, 18:24:20 »
Chris Broderick na temat nadgarstek vs. łokieć w kostkowaniu:

Cytat: Shredfiend
Hey Chris, I was wondering what your thoughts on picking from the wrist are versus the elbow or a combination of the 2.

I know most people say wrist is better. There are some fantastic pickers using their wrist out there. But I've seen a few, like Vinnie Moore or even Greg Howe(one of my favs, even though he's more of a legato player) use more of an elbow motion.

I also see a lot of guys who start with their wrist for slow and medium tempos and then their elbow creeps in on their faster stuff.

I tend to use my elbow a lot even though when I do a lot of down picking for rhythm I use the wrist.

Just wondering what your thoughts were.

Thanks.
Hey Shredfiend,

I have many thoughts on this:
1st is that everyone is built different, Paul Gilbert picks with wrist while Petrucci picks arm, I could never pick fast with wrist.

2nd any time you can use a larger muscle group to do a job then use it (in this case meaning arm) it will fatigue less easily.

3rd you are missing one of the most important arm movements availible, arm rotation. In the end my picking is a slight combo of these three movements, wrist for slower intervalic (large string skips) riffs, upper arm for speed and volume, arm rotation for speed without over exertion (this is what I am working on currently so I can pick faster with less effort).

I know this didn't ansewer your question but it should get you looking at the mechanics of your arm to help you define how it should work.
Take care, Chris.
« Ostatnia zmiana: 05 Lip, 2009, 18:26:57 wysłana przez lord_awesomeguy »