Autor Wątek: Struny do akustyka  (Przeczytany 20931 razy)

Offline purpleman

• zbananowany
  • Pr0
  • hie hie hie
Odp: Struny do akustyka
« 15 Sty, 2014, 23:40:30 »
Tommy Emmanuel o strunach do akustyka:
I vary them. I don’t use the same strings all the time. I discovered that when you use the same strings over and over, the top end of your guitar slowly drops off. I think the guitar gets used to those strings. To keep it real bright I change strings right before every gig and I vary the brands. Sometimes I’ll use D’Addario, GHS. Last night I tried John Pearse strings. I’m trying out the Everly Brothers’ strings at the moment as well, so I put those on occasionally. Elixir gave me some strings last week but they sucked a rotten egg. I put them on and tuned up, then took them off immediately. Why put on a set of strings that sounds like you’ve already played them in too much? It’s such an individual thing.

There was a guy in the bluegrass band that opened for me last night that had a beautiful sounding dreadnought, and he had Elixirs on them that sounded like a million bucks. So people always ask me, ‘What’s the best string?’ and I always say, ‘The one that your guitar likes.’ If your guitar sounds great, feels good, and really tunes up well, that’s a good string. For instance, my small-bodied Maton guitar, I can’t put Martin strings on it. I can’t get it to be perfectly in tune, and the third string always feels the wrong gauge. But I put Martin strings on my other guitars and I love them. So the rule is: The best strings for a guitar are the ones that the guitar likes.

And people always ask, ‘What’s the best guitar?’ and I always say, ‘The one that you really love to play.’ Who cares what name is on it and how much it cost? If it works for you then that’s the one.
"grałeś kiedyś w samoloty?"