Autor Wątek: OpenStomp Coyote-1  (Przeczytany 4120 razy)

Offline lord_awesomeguy

• Miszcz avatarów ;)
  • Pr0
  • Jestem marudą.
OpenStomp Coyote-1
« 28 Paź, 2008, 14:55:05 »
What is it?

The OpenStompTM Coyote-1 is an open source audio effects processor built for guitar players. With the Coyote-1 users can develop custom audio effects in software (like distortion, echo, chorus etc.), mix multiple effects to build "patches", and exchange those effects and patches with the OpenStompTM community.

A companion Windows application (OpenStompTM Workbench) allows Users to combine effects into patches graphically, and to move patches and effects between the Coyote-1 device and their PC's disk.

The Coyote-1 O/S is open source so users can tweak it to behave any way they like, and the hardware is fully documented so that developers can take control of the whole pedal, dedicating all available system resources toward the implementation of unique custom solutions.

Inspiration Strikes

For years I'd wanted a guitar pedal I could program myself. I wanted to write weird effects that nobody else in the industry was making. I wanted it to be rugged enough to throw in a gig bag and knock around on stage. I dreamed that a community of effect artists might one day spring up and be able to share their work with each other.

On the night of June 22nd 2007 I climbed into my car with a huge cup of coffee and set out for a three hour drive to go camping in Santa Barbara. By the time I stood on the starlit beach at 1AM jazzed on caffeine, the Coyote-1 was in my head and I knew I had to build it.

Propeller Powered

At the heart of the Coyote-1 is one the coolest, most innovative, and just plain knock-your-socks-off fun microprocessors to come along in a decade; the Propeller from Parallax. The Propeller contains 8 independent processor cores running simultaneously at 80MHz with a unique architecture supporting a high-level byte coded language called "Spin", and a low-level assembly language with an amazingly versatile instruction set.

The Propeller development tools are all free, and the Propeller architecture allows users to develop firmware with nothing more than a simple USB cable.

Its revolutionary architecture allows the Propeller to generate video in software by adding just three external resistors, so the Coyote-1 includes a video out port which can be used by developers for debugging or adapted to implement things like graphical tuners, spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, or light shows.

An Audio Sandbox

The Coyote-1 is designed to be an "Audio Sandbox" where people can try out effect ideas, share them with others, and take them gigging. Its third bi-directional quarter-inch audio in/out can be configured either as an output for stereo effects, or as an input for modulation effects (like vocoders, where one audio input is used to modulate a second).

- Propeller Processor (eight independent 80MHz cores or "cogs")
- 1.5 MByte SRAM
- 44kHz 20-bit sampling (2 input channels and 2 output channels)
- 4 control knobs
- 16x2 LCD screen
- 2 stomp switches
- 2 stomp indicator LEDs
- 1 1/4 inch audio input
- 1 1/4 inch audio output
- 1 multipurpose 1/4 inch audio jack (can be used as either a second output (for stereo effects) or as an additional input
   (for modulation effects etc.))
- NTSC Video out
- Micro USB
- 9V DC Power in
- Headphone out (mini phono jack)
- RJ11 expansion port (for potentially adding things like external foot pedals. Uses I2C.)
- Rugged Steel chassis

http://www.openstomp.com/
Cena: 349$

Fajna zabawka :)

Offline BartekL

• Pr0
  • "Ryjem will not play"
Odp: OpenStomp Coyote-1
« Odpowiedź #1 28 Paź, 2008, 17:27:34 »
pomysł wydaje się być fajny :) Tylko... jak to gada? :) i czy ma true bypass? ;)

Offline utarefson

• Gaduła
    • http://landsbeyond.bandcamp.com/
« Odpowiedź #2 28 Paź, 2008, 17:37:20 »
...i czy odpali Quake'a? :D

Nie no pomysł rewolucyjny, ciekaw jestem jak wygląda pisanie algorytmów pod to cacko i czy zwykły szary użytkownik też da radę coś sensownego na tym sklecić...

Offline Dexterek

• Fanboy Mesy w niepomiętej kurtce
  • Pr0
  • Pan Mroku
« Odpowiedź #3 28 Paź, 2008, 17:44:38 »
Jakby dużo osób zaczęło na to pisać dobrze rzeczy, miało by to jakąś trzy krotnie większą wersję i było tańsze... :D

No pomysł bardzo fajny, ciekaw jak to się rozwinie.
Don't stick with your girl - that is gay and lame.
Rape some sluts who worship Satan's name!

Offline Harvest

• Szatan Osobiście
  • Administrator
    • Sevenstring.pl
« Odpowiedź #4 28 Paź, 2008, 21:21:09 »
Najlepsze jest to video out - do wizualizacji ? ;)

Offline utarefson

• Gaduła
    • http://landsbeyond.bandcamp.com/
« Odpowiedź #5 28 Paź, 2008, 21:52:03 »
no to przecie pisałem już żeby Quake'a odpalić :D

Offline lord_awesomeguy

• Miszcz avatarów ;)
  • Pr0
  • Jestem marudą.
« Odpowiedź #6 28 Paź, 2008, 21:54:43 »
Cena taka nieciekawa, bo to raczej nie jest masówka jak POD... Co do samego programowania, to widziałem przykład kodu w assemblerze i... przypominał assembler :) Co do tego języka wysokiego poziomu, to wydaje się dość przystępny i łatwy do nauki :)

edit:
Kurde, Quake to była zajebista gra :)

Offline wuj Bat

• Pr0
« Odpowiedź #7 29 Paź, 2008, 10:44:17 »
edit:
Kurde, Quake to była zajebista gra :)

Bardzo jestem na tak, niech tylko cena się obniży.
A w Quake IV grałem całkiem niedawno  :P
Paczki z głów!